Monday, August 29, 2011

A Slight Delay

The day started out at 5:00AM, my originally planned departure time from Newcastle, WY.  First thing noticed was the smell of gasoline and there was a pool of fuel at the back of the car.

So a wait for breakfast and advice from the ladies at Donna's Diner to take it to Rich's Automotive.  Opens at 8:00.  No luck, booked solid.  However, the fine folks at the Chevy dealership got it in.  Was the fuel pump.  Fortunately, Aaron had stowed a spare among the parts I brought along.  By 10:30 I was on the road.

The drive today was great, but I did not take many photos.  Wyoming is a vast and diverse state.  The drive from Newcastle to Casper was wide open spaces with a huge coal mine and quite a lot of oil production.

The drive up the Wind River was gorgeous, especially the contrast beween the irrigated agriculture and the rich browns of the cliffs and mountains.

Here is a picture.


Finally, about 6 hours late, I arrived in Grand Teton NP, just in time for this.


Sundown on the Tetons.  One of the best things I've ever witnessed.  Can't be captured by a camera.  I did not move.

Wrapped up the day with Mexican food and drink,

More tommorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment